Happy Friday! Welcome to another installment of iCandy. I am loving this series. It’s so fun for me to put together and take a look through all the things that have inspired me each week. Sometimes, I just plain forget things that I have seen or saved, so it’s fun to remind myself of things that I saw and loved. I hope you all had a great week. I can’t believe that another weekend is upon us. I am spending time with my extended family this weekend, celebrating the life of my dear grandpa, Poppa Ray, who passed away last week at the age of 86. He is the best grandpa ever, and it’s really hard to know that he is gone, but I also know that he is SO much happier and feeling SO much better right now. I am so grateful to know that this is just a short separation until we are together again for eternity! I’m also grateful to have all this pretty inspiration to distract me from the sadness I have been feeling this past few days. 🙂 So, let’s get started with this week’s iCandy! 🙂
- I love a good shelfie, and this one by Kelly Deck Design is perfection in my book. love how light and bright this room is, and the eclectic mix of knick knacks she collected in my favorite blue look gorgeous on the white shelves. Add in the soft pops of pink and blush throughout the room and bam! Beautiful! I love that unexpected pop of a deep coral on the blanket too. Such a pretty contrast.
2. I am always flattered when pictures of my kitchen get so much love on Instagram. (At least when it’s clean, lol! ;)) The kitchen is what sold me on this house…at least the size of the kitchen. We built this house 15 years ago when we were just babies, and it has been fun to start from scratch and watch it evolve as we have grown with it. I need to dig up some before and afters on this house! It will be hard for me to leave this place in a couple of months, but I guess that the benefit is knowing that when we come back to this house, it will be time to re-do it…so that is something to look forward to! 😉
3. How cute is this darling bedroom by Caitlin Wilson Design? That wallpaper and the brown and black color palette is such a refreshing and different color scheme. It just looks so whimsical and fresh. I would love to create a welcoming guests space that looks just like this one in the new house. Would you come and visit? 🙂
4. This office by Oxford Design is so moody and gorgeous, it might just distract me from getting any work done. 😉 I love the idea of doing something dark and dramatic in a room, but I am always afraid to make a space feel too closed in. An office is the perfect place to experiment with a moodier shade. Bringing in the pretty pops of pink, a large scale, bright piece of artwork, white rug and pale, colorful furnishings, makes the paint feel more like an accent rather than taking over the room.
5. Last but certainly not least, this gorgeous kitchen. I am a waffler. I go back and forth between an all white kitchen, a kitchen with painted lowers and white uppers, or something where everything is painted a shade of light gray or a pretty baby blue like we saw in last week’s iCandy round up. Decisions, decisions! And it seems kind of permanent…that’s why it scares me! 😉 Going with a colorful island like I have now feels safer…but boy do I love these gorgeous navy lower cabinets in this kitchen by Elizabeth Lawson Design!
So there you have it, this week’s iCandy! Which one is your favorite? I’d love to hear! Do you know of something I should know about and possibly include in an iCandy round up? Leave me a note in the comments. I love to hear from you! 🙂
Have a great weekend!