I’m not typically a pie girl, but this recipe has been in my family for years, and it is my absolute favorite Dutch apple pie. Something about the crumb topping makes it just irresistible! With the 4th of July right around the corner…what is more American than Apple Pie, right? Bring this to your BBQ and you’re sure to be asked for the recipe!
- For the Pie:
- Pie Shell
- 6 Tart Apples (peeled and cut into 8ths)
- 2 TBS Flour
- ⅔ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 TBS. Butter
- Crumb Topping
- ½ Cup Butter
- ½ C Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Sifted Flour
- Line pie pan with a pie shell. Coat apples in 2 TBS flour. Arrange apples in the pie pan. Mix sugar and cinnamon and pour over apples. Dot top of the pie with butter and cover with crumb topping.
- For the Topping: Cream butter and sugar. Cut in the flour. Mixture will be crumbly.
- Bake Pie at 450 for 10 minutes
- Reduce heat and continue baking at 350 for 30 minutes.
The crumb topping on this pie is SO good. And combined with the sweet and gooey filling it is heaven. I like to bake my pies the night before because I think they are just a tad better after they have cooled. You can always heat it back up in the microwave if someone prefers their slice warm. Of course, don’t forget the vanilla ice cream because a la mode is the only way to go! I hope you love this Dutch apple pie recipe as much as I do!
If you’re taking this pie to a 4th of July party or BBQ, check out some of our other patriotic party ideas here in our gallery.
You can find a bunch of our other super popular recipes here: